Thursday, January 22, 2009

And in the beginning ...

I held off as long as I could...

I never saw the value of the blogging, given that so much of the stuff up on blogs is nothing but opinion with little fact to back it up. Even the experts get it wrong occasionally, and don't get me wrong, but I am no expert. I used to have that word in my job title, until I realized there is no such thing. I know what I know, and I don't know what I don't know. And hopefully, the later is getting smaller each day. Let's say I am very knowledgable and have lots to learn still and leave it there.

But what started this today, was that I read a blog from a friend, whom I regard highly. The blog did a lot of ranting as so many blogs do. The points are valid, but he never explained the positions clearly, or for for that matter understandably. there is so much more to the points he make. But he never goes there.

It seems a lot of bloggers do this.

So I am going to try not to do that one thing. No ranting here, just the positions, and the basis for it, laid out clearly and concisely. I may not write weekly, or monthly. I have no need to add to the junk heap of cyberspace. When it is merited I will write. And as a bonus, I'll even consider posting some reviews of my own here. And if you can check out the OWG website.

So pull up a chair when you can and join me for some interesting topics.

Cheers!

The Ontario Wine Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment